This thick and creamy smoothie will leave you yearning for a day at the beach. It is loaded with protein and is my go-to replacement for ice cream cravings.While it is loaded with calories, it is also loaded with plenty of nutrients.
You can modify this drink by eliminating the pecan butter. It will make it more refreshing, but less thick and creamy. Remember to use a bit less coconut water, if you use this option.
Calories: 342.5-470.5 calories – This drink packs a lot of calories. It is great after intense muscle workouts, but it is important to remember this is a drink that eats like a meal.
- 1/2 frozen banana (52.5 calories)
- 1 cup frozen pineapple (100 calories)
- 1 tablespoon pecan butter (85 calories, optional. Great flavor and another source of added protein.)
- 1 tablespoons coconut butter (105 calories, has 2.5g of fiber) or 1/4 teaspoon coconut extract (0 calories, but no fiber)
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (60 calories)
- 1-1 1/2 cups coconut water (45-68 calories)
- Place your frozen fruits, coconut water, and coconut cream into a blender.
- Add the protein powder and nut butters on top of everything, because this will incorporate them into the drink better without them getting stuck around the mixer’s blades.
- If your blender seems to be having a hard time or the smoothie needs to be thinned out, add another 1/2 cup of coconut water
- Blend, pour into your favorite glass, and enjoy with an environmentally friendly, reusable glass straw.