Have you ever met a food that reeked of a bad love affair? No matter how much you love it, truth be told, it does not love you back. You try and try to love it as best as you know how, but all it brings is sickness, pain and discomfort. Giving yourself a clean break from this love affair can be difficult. There are many reasons we become fixated on certain foods. We form habits, emotional attachments and even addictions to tasty goodness that hurts us.
Habits, emotional attachments and addictions can be very hard to break without good support. One way you can support yourself is to fight back with a newsletter to yourself, which will hit home both visually and emotionally. Most word processor programs come with templates for posters, flyers and newsletters. Grab one that you like and update it to include things like:
- pictures of the food that does not love you back
- pictures of people going through the discomfort you feel when you eat that food
- a list of foods that disagree with you
- restaurants you might love, but eating there typically leaves you feeling like one of those pictures you included
- picture captions explaining what happens when you eat that food