What do you do when you find yourself with a mess load of cucumbers on a hot summer day? Make cucumber salad of course! Here’s how.
- 2 large cucumbers, sliced
- 1/2 large sweet onion, sliced into slivers
- 1 cup vinegar (White vinegar is typical, but experiment if you like)
- 3/4 cup water
- pepper, freshly ground
- In a medium sized glass mixing bowl or plastic storage container, toss everything in!
- Refrigerate and let sit for several hours. For best results, refrigerate over night.
- Salt and fresh ground pepper to taste. You might want to toss in some hot peppers or fresh herbs from your garden to experiment.