Tortilla chips aren’t the only tasty companions to fresh salsa. Try serving it with your favorite eggs and a spelt or whole wheat English muffin. While the salsa can be used right away, it is best after being cover and placed in the refrigerator overnight. If you plan to use the salsa for breakfast, toss everything together before bed and let the flavors meld while you sleep. Make sure you add at least some lime juice, as it keeps the avocado from turning color. What do you like to do to spice up breakfast?
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 2 ripe organic or heirloom tomato, diced
- 2 tomatillo, diced
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 1/2 fresh pack of cilantro, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 sweet onion (optional)
- Mix everything in a medium sized bowl.