Being healthy doesn’t have to be complicated. Sticking to simple, healthy ingredients is a great way to guarantee yourself a tasty and healthy meal. If you are looking for a breakfast sandwich that will hold you over until lunch, look no further. This sandwich will satisfy your hunger and leave you feeling like you had amazing comfort food.
Serving Size: 1
- 2 eggs
- 2 slices 100% whole wheat bread
- 1 small tomato
- 1/2 slice havarti, American, cheddar, or provolone cheese (optional, skipping the cheese will save you aroun 50 calories!)
- 1 handful of lettuce (you could also use baby spinach leaves)
- Place the bread in a toaster or toaster oven and toast until slightly brown (or however YOU like your toast done.)
- Meanwhile, slice your tomato.
- In a small bowl, scramble your eggs and then cook on a non-stick skillet or cast-iron pan.
- Assemble your sandwich: eggs, cheese, lettuce, tomato. Slice your egg breakfast sandwich in half, if you like and enjoy!
Serve with a side of any of these: Sliced apple, sliced peach, applesauce, or a strawberry, blueberry, and banana mix.