Of all my favorite smoothies, this is the favorite of my favs. It is a creamy, dreamy, bit of pineapple and coconut bliss. Drinker beware, this smoothie is 517.5 calories with vanilla protein powder and 432.5 calories without the protein powder. The nut butters have a combined 11g of protein, so decide if you want about 8 more grams from the powder. If you are looking to cut calories, you could remove the protein powder and one of the nut butters and still have a great flavor.
- 1/2 of a frozen banana (52.5 calories)
- 1 cup frozen pineapple (100 calories)
- 1 tablespoon pecan butter (85 calories)
- 1 tablespoon cashew butter (90 calories)
- 2 tablespoons coconut cream (60 calories)
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (optional.)
- 8oz coconut water (45 calories)
- Like most smoothies, you pretty much toss everything in the blender and blend. With this smoothie, I like to put the frozen fruits, coconut water, and coconut cream in first, because otherwise the protein powder clumps around the mixer’s blades and it gives the nut butters something to sit on instead of sticking to the container.