Chicken salad sandwiches are filling and comforting, they can also be a healthy lunch option. This chicken salad sandwich recipe provides you with protein, fruit, veg, and lots of flavor.
- 1 chicken breast
- 2 Tbl Olive Oil
- 2 Tbl thyme, rosemary or a combination of both
- 1 cup grapes, halveds
- 1 apple, cut into 1/4 inch squares
- 2 stalks celery, sliced thin
- 2 Tbl dijon mustard
- pepper to taste
- 100% whole wheat bread, toasted or salad greens
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a glass baking dish or casserole dish, spread the olive oil around to keep the chicken from sticking.
- Place the chicken in the baking pan, spreading it out to ensure it cooks all over.
- Sprinkle the chicken with thyme and/ or rosemary.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes or until chicken is cooked all the way through.
- Once the chicken cools, chop into small cubes or pull it apart, depending on the texture you prefer in your salad.
- Place it all in a large mixing bowl or if you are neater than I am, a 8-10 cup storage container.
- Add grape halves, celery, dijon mustard, and pepper.
- Eat as is, on 100% whole wheat toast, or over your favorite salad greens.