There is nothing like freshly picked vegetables from the garden or local farmer’s market to make this tasty, colorful and healthy dish. Be sure to get a nice mix of your favorite peppers to make it extra delicious. Deseeding the tomato, will reduce the acidity of the dish and will give you the best texture, preventing the mixture from becoming goopy.
- 1 tomato, deseeded and chopped or a handful of tiny tomatoes
- 4 peppers of different varieties, deseeded and sliced
- 1 large pickling cucumber sliced into sticks, or 1 regular cucumber deseeded and sliced in sticks
- 1 small zucchini (optional)
- 1 small yellow squash (optional)
- 1 avocado, chopped in 1/2 inch cubes
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, minced
- Ground black pepper to taste
- 1 lime, quartered
- Shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
- Lettuce, sliced
- Bibbed lettuce leaves for wraps (To keep it raw) or Tortilla shells (for nearly raw)
- Mix tomato, peppers, cucumber, avocado, cilantro, garlic, oregano, thyme, black pepper and lime juice in a glass bowl, mix thoroughly and let marinate in refrigerator for at least 3 hours before serving.
- Place some of the mixture in a tortilla shell and top with things like cheddar cheese and lettuce.