This tasty spinach salad will leave you full, satisfied and full of good nutrients. This base recipe is delicious as is, but to keep it fresh and exciting, play around with adding some of your salad favorites, like tomato, cucumber or beets. You can also play with mixing in different greens, like kale or collards! Don’t limit yourself. Salads do not have to be boring, go create some nutritiously delicious salad magic!
- 2 handfuls raw, washed baby spinach
- 1 handful raw, washed arugula leaves
- 1/4 cup pecans or walnuts
- 1/8 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries or craisins
- 1 ripe pear
- 1 red beet (optional)
- 1/8 cup feta cheese (optional)
- Option 1: Cook the beets in boiling water for about 5-8 minutes, until they are cooked, but still firm. Drain. Let cool. Cut into bite-sized pieces. Option 2: Cut the raw beets into small, bit-sized pieces.
- Slice the pear into slivers.
- To make the dressing, in a small frying pan, heat the maple syrup, add the pecans or walnuts and heat until warm, stirring frequently. (This is really quick. Maybe 1-2 minutes.)
- In a salad dish, fluff the spinach and arugula leaves together. Top with dried cranberries, beets, pear and feta. (Play with your food and make something delightfully artful out of it.)
- Drizzle the warm dressing and nuts over the top.