We highly recommend taking qigong classes with our teacher Master Zhongxian Wu.
What Is Qigong & What Is Qigong Used For?
Master Zhongxian Wu practicing Fire Dragon Meridian Qigong
Qigong (pronounced as chee kung and also chee gong) is a meditative, internal martial art developed thousands of years ago by ancient Chinese sages/ shaman who studied the human body. There are different forms, some sitting, some standing and some lying down. The standing forms are centered on gentle movements, stretching and breathing, while the sitting and lying down forms may have mudras, mantras and visualization similar to yoga meditations. The Qigong forms we practices involve forms passed down in oral tradition, coming from the Mt. Emei Sage/Shaman style, Hidden Immortal and Mt. WuDang Dragon Gate lineages as we have learned from lineage holder Master Zhongxian Wu.
Qigong is both a mental and physical practice that puts you in touch with yourself and with your natural surroundings. The benefits can be seen quickly, especially around recentering to the here and NOW and stress relief. The biggest benefits come with consistent practice. Qigong acts as a gentle, restorative practice that can loosen tight muscles and joints, improve focus, stamina, muscle tone, flexibility and mobility. Because the practices also massage your internal organs and lymphatic system, in time, you may also notice improved immune response and an easier time handling stressors during your regular day.
There are numerous Qigong forms. You can learn several or focus a lifetime of practice on learning the intricacies of one.
Physical Benefits Of Qigong
- Improves Posture
- Opens and creates space between joints – allowing for better movement.
- Better alignment – When you use correct posture and allow for the natural space between your joints, your organs sit in the body more comfortably, rather than being scrunched into spaces they were not designed to rest.
- Increased flexibility
- Massages the lymph glands
- Massages internal organs
- Stress Reduction – due to better coping.
- Increases mental alertness and clarity.
- Improves self discipline and will power.
- Assists you in being in a better place for positive thinking
- Provides tools that reduce anxiety and fears.
- Provides you with the opportunity to become more in touch with your inner consciousness.
- Improves your ability to control emotions.
- Opens the door to all allow you to understand your emotions better.
- Generates gratitude and compassion towards the Universe and other beings.
- As you learn more about yourself, you also become more in touch with your spirit and your spiritual beliefs.