One of our kung fu buds gave us a huge box of garden fresh vegetables today. We’ve been trying, unsuccessfully, to put a hurt on all the produce. Here is a quick, easy and colorful meal full of nutrients you can whip up next time you find yourself with a box full of great veggies.
- 1/2 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 yellow squash, sliced
- 1/2 large onion, sliced
- 3-4 different colored peppers, sliced (Be sure to pick a spicy one, if you like a kick)
- 4-6 baby bella mushrooms
- 1 Tomato, chopped
- Low-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4-6 corn tortillas or whole wheat tortillas
- lettuce, shredded
(Add/subtract to use vegetables you like. Make sure you keep the beans to get plenty of protein and fiber.)
- In a large skillet, combine the beans and all the vegetables, except the lettuce. Stir frequently until veggies are warm, slightly soft, but still crisp.
- Put a wet paper towel over the tortillas and microwave for 45 seconds.
- Top tortillas with vegetable bean mix, a little bit of cheese and lettuce.